The Howell Carnegie District Library provides Examination Proctoring for Library District Residents in support of their lifelong learning goals. This service is subject to the availability of authorized Reference Department Staff.
- A minimum of one week advance notice is required before any test will be proctored.
- The student is responsible for arranging to have the exam sent to the Library, or in the case of online exams – the appropriate links and logins should be emailed to Reference Department Staff, and to call and set up a time to take the exam. The Library is not responsible for ensuring that the student take the exam by the due date.
- The student is responsible for all costs associated with taking an exam including, but not limited to postage.
- Exams must be taken during library operating hours.
- Students are responsible for supplying all materials or items needed to complete the exam.
- Due to high demand for study rooms, one may not be available when a student needs to take an exam. The Library cannot provide constant direct supervision of an exam.
- A picture ID is required.
- The Reference Staff will not sign a Proctoring Verification Statement that attests to more then they are able to do.
- Completed written exams will be returned via the U.S. Postal Service in the next regularly scheduled postal pickup from the Library.
- The Library is not responsible for completed exams not received by the testing institution.
- Any written exam not taken as scheduled will be held for one week then returned to the testing institution.
Please contact the Reference Desk at 517.546.0720 x 106 for more information or to schedule an exam.