We take care of our facilities. Regular maintenance and capital improvements not only help us look good, but also help us provide safe, clean, welcoming spaces that serve the needs of a changing community and evolving models of library service – join us with a Part-Time position.
The library is open and welcoming to all members of our community, including individuals who may be encountering hardships or challenges that affect their behavior and interactions. Our jobs require someone with the ability to work respectfully and capably with people from all backgrounds and age groups. You must demonstrate a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity and a sense of humor while working with customers, co-workers and community.
In providing customer service, you may encounter situations that require de-escalation or assistance from a supervisor or person-in-charge. Your ability to exercise quick and mature judgement is crucial.
- High school diploma or equivalent, possession of a valid driver’s license
- Up to six (6) months previous and related custodial and light maintenance work
- Comfortable with MS Word, Excel and Gmail
- Ability to successfully maintain focus and positive attitude under varied circumstances, including hectic, noisy and distracting conditions
- Maintain overall order and cleanliness of the Library, including, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, and buffing floors; vacuuming carpets; dusting and cleaning furniture, shelves, and equipment; washing windows; cleaning and supplying restrooms; and removing trash.
- Monitor library building and grounds for security and potential safety issues and/or damage.
- Assist staff that have need of custodial services, communicates with library staff to set up meeting rooms for scheduled activities and arranges furniture as required.
Starting wage range: $12.23 – $15.89 hourly rate based on experience. The position is approximately 20 hours, Tuesday – Thursday 6pm – 10pm plus two weekend shifts when the library is not open to the public. The position includes paid time off.
The Howell Carnegie District Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by September 8, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Applications are available on the library’s website or at the Circulation Desk. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and submissions.