Library materials can be renewed up to 3 times as long as there are no holds on the item for another patron. MelCat items may be renewed once if allowed by the lending library.
Call the Circulation Desk at 517.546.0720 x102 during regular library hours. Please have your library card available for faster service.
- Renew library materials online through the Library Catalog via the Log In prompt or by using the My Account button in the menu on this page.
- Log in with your last name, library barcode number or alternate I.D., and your PIN number.
- Your checked out items will be displayed. Place a check mark in the box next to the items you wish to renew and click on the Renew Selected button at the top or bottom of the page. If you wish to renew all of the items in the list, you may simply click on the Renew All button.
Please note your new due dates as it may not be the same for different material types.
Placing a Hold
Patrons with a valid HCDL library card may place a hold on most circulating library materials with the exception of iPads.
Place a Hold by Phone
Call the Information Desk at 517.546.0720 x106 during regular library hours. Please have your library card available for faster service.
Place a Hold Online
- Go to the HCDL catalog and log in to your library account.
- After logging in, search the catalog for the item by author, title, keyword, or subject.
- Select the item from the results list and click the Request button at the top of the record.
- If you conduct your search before logging in to your account, clicking on the Request button will prompt you to log in to your account.
- You will be notified when your item is ready to be picked up by your preferred notification method (email or phone).
Please remember to click on the Logout button when you are finished.