The Parent Child Workshop is the signature program of a Family Place Library. This workshop is for babies 6 months to 3 years and parents/caregivers (Siblings 5 years and younger are welcome). Spend time together, play, experience art activities and meet new friends. Community Resource Specialists discuss child development, speech and hearing, nutrition, and play and movement.
Parent Child Workshop runs the first 5 weeks during the Early Literacy Class session. Mondays at 10:30 a.m. (1 hr. – 1 hr. 15 min.) The Parent Child Workshop is not offered during the Spring Session (Fall, Late Fall & Winter Only).
What parents may get out of the Parent Child Workshop:
- Increased awareness of library services
- Increased awareness of community agencies
- Lessened isolation new parents often feel
- Broader knowledge of child development
- Support in your role of “Parent as the child’s first teacher”
- Support and ideas for reading to your child
- Encouragement and empowerment in your parenting role
What children may get out of the Parent Child Workshop:
- Social and verbal interaction
- An increase in attention span
- Stronger bond between parent and child
- Additional early learning and eventual school success
- Access to developmentally appropriate materials
- Becoming Lifelong Learners
Parent Child Workshop Registration Policy:
The workshop is designed/intended to be a one-time class. Therefore, first priority may be given to those who haven’t previously participated.
The Parent Child Workshop is the signature program of a Family Place Library.