The Howell Carnegie District Library (HCDL) strives to determine that it has appropriate rights to preserve and provide access to material in our Digital Collections. If you have found materials in the HCDL Digital Collections for which you are a rights holder and for which you have not granted permission, or that are not covered by any exemption to a copyholder’s rights, including Fair Use, you can request it be removed by sending a notice to email@example.com that includes the following information:
- Your contact information, including your email address and phone number.
- Your relationship to the copyright holder, including if you are the copyright holder.
- The work(s) with which you are concerned. (Providing URLs in your communication is the best way to help us locate content quickly.)
- The title of the work.
- The copyright registration number of the work.
- The copyright claimant.
- Any other relevant information to prove that you represent the claimant or hold rights to the identified works.
The Howell Carnegie District Library will:
- Acknowledge your request within 1 business day.
- Remove access to the material in question while we evaluate your request.
- Take appropriate action and communicate that action to you when we complete our assessment.