The Howell Carnegie District Library maintains display space and bulletin boards in several areas of the Library. These areas further the Library’s Mission of “To create opportunities that transform lives through knowledge for every age at any stage, one exceptional experience at a time” and the Library’s Vision of “Inspiration through knowledge.”
The following guidelines apply to all displays.
- Library sponsored displays are given priority in allocation of display space.
- Displays must be educational, cultural or informative.
- Displays may not promote commercial products or services, political platforms or candidates seeking public office, nor advertise for a sale or an event unless the proceeds of the sale or event benefit a nonprofit institution.
- Displays may not promote activities prohibited by law.
- Each display is of limited duration and must be removed as scheduled.
- All displays, pamphlets, brochures, leaflets, booklets or posters shall be exhibited or placed in the Library for distribution with permission from the Library Director or his/her representative.
- The Library Staff will take responsibility to post announcements, leaflets and posters on the bulletin boards.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any display or posting that does not meet the above criteria and support the Library’s Mission Statement.
The Library is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to display materials
BRD APR 10/8/02